Large publicly listed firms are looking to fill product pipeline, with the initial areas of focus including surgical, cancer, dermatology and ophthalmology.
On its most recent trip, China BioVentures met with the leadership of large publicly listed companies looking for innovative and proven products. There is a preference for later stage projects, FDA approved and demonstration of revenue capacity or breakthrough technologies. The following are major firms who have engaged CBV to help source products.
These companies represent significant opportunity for US firms that want to monetize their technology and increase shareholder value by tapping into this vast and growing market.
To learn more about any of these firms, please contact us. Here are a few short profiles:
1. This biopharmaceutical company engages in the research, development, manufacturing, marketing, and sale of hospital-based medical products in China. In addition, the company’s products under development comprise a hemocoagulase derived from Agkistrodon acutus snake venom; lanthanum polystyrene sulfonate product candidate for the treatment of hyperphosphatemia; and adenosine as a myocardial protection agent for various cardiovascular-related clinical settings. Furthermore, its product pipeline includes product candidates under development that address the medical needs for bleeding control and hematological, cardiovascular, and cerebrovascular disease diagnosis, treatment, and prevention. It sells its products to pharmaceutical distributors. It was founded in 1997 with 454 employees and is based in Shenyang, China.
2. This Shanghai firm is described as the first global specialty healthcare company focusing on skin health and medical aesthetics in mainland China licensing, acquiring, and marketing world-leading skin care and dermatological products to serve China. Their portfolio extends to therapeutic areas such as orthopedics, CNS, pain management and wound healing. Dermatology products and brings them to Chinese Dermatologists committed to the long-term development of Dermatology in China. distributes skin treatment, dermo-cosmetic, hair loss, and feminine hygienic products.
3. The company engages in the research and development, manufacture, and sale of absorbable biomedical materials in Mainland China. It offers orthopedics, medical aesthetics and wound care, ophthalmology, and anti-adhesion products. The company’s products include biological reagents and materials, medical sodium hyaluronate, and biochemical and HA series skin care products. It also engages in the sale of medical equipment; pharmaceutical technology development; and investment and trading businesses. It was founded in 2007 and is headquartered in Shanghai, China with 1036 employees. Market cap: $0.9B.
4. The company focuses on the research and development, production, and sales of pharmaceutical drugs for orthopedics, neurology, gastroenterology, and hepatology. The company also sells active ingredients, R&D results, and patents of new drugs, as well as providing research services on a contractual basis. It was founded in 1994 and is headquartered in Yantai, China. Market cap: $2.59B.
5. The firm is a leading, fully integrated, profitable biotechnology company focused on researching, developing, manufacturing and marketing biopharmaceutical products primarily in China. Its focus is on addressing large markets with significant unmet medical needs in nephrology, oncology, supportive cancer care, inflammation and infectious diseases. With headquarters and GMP-certified manufacturing facilities in Shenyang, PRC, 3SBio employs over 800 people. The company focuses on mammalian cell-based biopharmaceuticals in the biotechnology industry. Market cap: $5.9B.